If you are getting older, that doesn’t mean you have to look older. Thanks to modern, state-of-the-art dermatology treatments, you can take back what the years have done to your skin. One of the most effective tools in the arsenal against aging is wrinkle fillers. Dr. Ted Brezel at Glendale Dermatology in Glendale, NY, wants to share the facts about how wrinkle fillers can help you.
As you age, several things happen to your skin. It loses elasticity and volume, resulting in a loss of facial contouring and fullness that makes you look young. Another change that happens is your skin doesn’t snap back from facial expressions as quickly as when you were young. All of the smiling and laughing and other facial expressions create lines and wrinkles in your face, and guess what? The lines and wrinkles aren’t going away!
Wrinkle fillers work by “plumping up” your skin and filling in the wrinkles and fine lines. The result is smoother, younger looking skin and renewed fullness and youthful contours. Some of the problems wrinkle fillers can help are:
- Frown lines in your forehead, known as furrows
- Smile and laugh lines around your mouth and nose
- Lines between your eyebrows, known as glabella
- Loss of volume in cheeks and lips
Dr. Brezel can treat you with these wrinkle fillers:
- Restylane; uses hyaluronic acid to smooth wrinkles and fine lines
- Perlane; used to smooth deeper lines and wrinkles
- Juvederm; used to plump lips and smooth lip lines, lift and contour cheeks, and smooth wrinkles
- Radiesse; to restore lost volume
Dr. Brezel uses a tiny needle to inject small amounts of filler material into the treatment area. Treatment is easily tolerated, and you can request a numbing cream before treatment. Individual treatment amounts vary based on your individual characteristics and the areas treated.
If you don’t like what aging has done to your face, it’s time to fight off the early signs of aging with wrinkle fillers. For more information about wrinkle fillers and other cosmetic treatments call Dr. Brezel at Glendale Dermatology in Glendale, NY, today!